Monday, April 6, 2009

T-ball, Tate and the Rockhounds






Hey gang, so I told you I would update the blog when Tate started t-ball and it has started. The practices so far weren't going very well. Tate cried the first practice, he seemed to be really tired. JP was giving me an "I told you so" look, he thinks we started him way to early while I think this is just the right time. It is a good thing for me too because I am getting to see how Tate does physically and even though I'm trying not to judge too quickly I don't see Tate playing sports in the future. Well ones that require much running and continuous exercise. He is the slowest one on the team and seems to need breaks pretty often. Of course what is good now is that he doesn't have to run very far and they don't care how slow you are. T-ball is a pretty fun activity to watch, they are adorable.

His first game went really well though. They were all excited to be in their uniforms and at the ballpark. He was the first one to bat and he did very well, they all did. He tends to lose focus so I'm glad he is the first batter. He likes to play in the dirt when he is on the field, doesn't really care much about catching a ball. There is also a train track that goes by right behind the field so that is entertaining for the kids to watch. I think he will be pretty athletic so I'm going to try and see if golf can interest him, eventually. Don't want to think about paying for that one.
We got him a heart guard and he likes to tell his friends to punch him in the heart, I don't find that very amusing, hopefully the newness of that will wear off soon. So we will try all the sports for now and see how he does. But like I said, I'm voting for golf.




2 comments:

Allyson Petty said...

I love the pics! Our neighbor, Lily Walthall is on Tate's team!

Natalie said...

I am so happy they are there together. We gonna miss this and want it back! Parker got a year membership to First Tee for his birthday. It is only $50 for the whole year and they can go and play whenever they want. They also have instructional classes for those 3 and up. If we can get Tate in we could take them to the class together.