Thursday, October 16, 2008

Maybe we shouldn't of told him

Well, Tate doesn't seem to be dealing with his surgery very well right now. He has said some very sad things which makes me sad as well. Yesterday he told me that since he didn't have to get his flu shot (he was sick that day so he couldn't get it) that he didn't want to get his boo boo again either. He refers to his scar as his boo boo. He says that he doesn't want his boo boo to bleed. I just said I don't want him to get to have a boo boo either but that we have to make his heart better. When we went to his pediatrician the other day he suggested that Dr. Holmes will fix his heart for him. I wish she could. So it seems that he has this dread, sadness that he somewhat knows what lies again. (For those of you who don't know Tate well he has been to the doctor so much and had so many things done that he is scared of needles and basically anything you get near him.) So I have many anxieties along with him. I just hope that I can give him comfort and strength when the time comes. His reaction to the IV in his foot a few weeks ago has me very scared. Pray for us.

2 comments:

Sonyad1975 said...

I know that Tate is a fighter and will be just fine. We are sad that he is already having to have another heart surgery but we are praying for a speedy recovery. We love you guys. Sonya, Chad, Cody and Zoey

Anonymous said...

this post made me sad....poor baby. this is something new we should pray about.....his anxiety and fears. i havent thought about that.