Friday, October 10, 2008

Tate's 2nd surgery

Well, here it is 3 years later and the doctors have called us in again to do surgery on Tate. We went for his annual cardio checkup and his echo showed that the monocupst (sp?) valve they put in Tate's heart during his first surgery has stopped working, there is some leakage and his right ventricle is enlarging to compensate. So they have decided to bring Tate in and put in a pulmonary valve. I don't know the specifics about the surgery but it is scheduled for November 4, 2008. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers, especially Tate. I feel better going into this surgery then I did before but it is still extremely hard. I can't even describe it. I will keep posting updates and everyday life here at the Patterson household.

4 comments:

The Hope Family said...

Wow! You guys have been through a lot. We are thinking of you guys, especially Tate, as you go through another surgery.

Anonymous said...

i didnt know you had a blog!! we are praying for cute little tate!

Jordan Malone said...

I think the blog is a great idea to keep everyone posted so that you don't have to repeat everything ten million times! We're praying for your whole family, even little Seth during this time!

Amy said...

I think having a date set for surgery is harder than one coming up on short notice.

The waiting for surgery day was the hardest part this last time. Someone told us Tate would be having surgery soon and I've been thinking of you often. I'm so glad to know you have a blog! We'll be praying. :)