Sunday, October 19, 2008

Wild and Crazy Weekend



Well, JP and I learned a big lesson this weekend. Don't do two events with kids on the same day. On Saturday we went to the Air Force Base to see the Air Show. It was great even though we didn't get to see the Blue Angels. Tate seemed to enjoy himself and Seth did great. JP loved the F16's which all the kids thought was way too loud. Then we did a mad dash home to get ready to go to the State Fair. What fun!!! Tate loved the rides and all the animals and of course I loved the food. Seth stayed at home with Mima. We had a great time but we were all exhausted. It is amazing how your son having surgery can put a different perspective in view. I seem to appreciate things more and want to do family outings more often. What is sad is that I should always be that way. We only have our children for a short time so we shouldn't be taking these precious moments for granted.

3 comments:

donnakelley said...

Ashley Thank you so much for blogging. I can now keep up with Tate. Your family is on the prayer list in my SS Class. My thoughts and prayers are with you.Lean on God's strength and let Him help you. Love Donna

Anonymous said...

oh my.....that pic at the fair was soo cute! we were there too! wish we would have seen yall! i didnt even want to know what all the dirt at the bottom of my jeans was.....or even if it was dirt.

Amy said...

Ditto for your thoughts on appreciating things more. (Did you see my post about Alan and the parade?)

Looks like you guys had a great time! We hope to be able to get to air show again soon... my in-laws live close enough to base they can see the planes fly over from their backyard!