Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One week and counting

It is one week until Tate's surgery and I am counting down the days. I am trying and praying for Tate to be healthy so nothing will postpone his surgery. He has had a bad cough the past few days which is normal for him when the weather starts getting cooler. I am trying my best to keep him at home and limit his activities to school and some church. I am SO ready to get this over with. Pray for strength for me these last few days, I am very sad for my Tate. I can't really explain how I feel so I'm not going to try too.
This week is very busy trying to get things in order. Thanks to all my friends and family who are helping us out so much, I am very grateful for you all.
We will be talking to Tate about the surgery this weekend. He has videos to watch and books to look at. We also are having a party for him on Monday night before his big day. If you want info regarding his party just get in touch with me and I will give you specifics.

Want to put a plug in for my boys. I have all four here today. Seth and Cole are fighting over a Backyardigans guitar. In between the yells they stop and dance. They are so cute. I love watching them get more independence. Tate is spider man and Caden is Batman. My superheros!!!!! It is so neat to see how much they love each other.

I want to shout out to my friend Amy May whose birthday is today. Happy Birthday Maymer!!! I love you.

I will be posting more later.

P.S. On a side note, to those of you who will be spending next Tuesday with us at the hospital, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE! You can vote early if you don't want to have to worry with it next Tuesday.

3 comments:

A Princess, five guys - then me!! said...

My prayers are with Tate, you and the family. I hope all goes well and he has a speedy recovery.

Amy said...

I'm sitting here eyeing my keyboard because I can't think up the right words to say. Nothing I can say can save you all the trip through the surgery ahead. But I'd give you a big ol' hug if I could, and please know we will be praying diligently and counting down the days with you!

The Hope Family said...

We are thinking about you guys constantly and would love to come to the party for Tate!