Saturday, November 8, 2008

We are just hanging out.

Well, Tate is doing really well right now so we are just hanging out waiting to see when we can go home. The night before last he had some irregular heart rhythms so they did an EKG. They don't know what caused them but say that it is normal after heart surgery for that to happen. The heart has gone through a lot and needs time to adjust back to normal. So they have put Tate on blood pressure medicine. I was very concerned since Tate has been relatively normal and I wish him not to have to take medicine to help his heart but the doctor said we will check it out again in two weeks from release and if it is better he can come off of it. So that is encouraging. His ECHO yesterday looked really good. Like I said we are just hanging out. Tate is in better spirits today. He is doing much better. He is still having difficulty getting up and walking around but we are working on it. He is smiling more and playing better. I just have to get the sucker up and out of bed more.

Tate is my hero. He is so stinkin' cute in is Hulk PJ's and he is such a trooper! - Amy May Teague

Continue to pray for Tate and his healing. Also please pray for the other families here. I cannot describe what some of this kids are going through. Even though this is hard on me and am so sad that Tate has to be here I feel truly blessed that he is doing well and am thinking that old cliche "It could always be worse".

Sorry no pictures but I'm down in the hospital computer lab and can't upload any right now. I have some good ones though so keep checking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are so proud of tate. he is a strong little boy. it has been neat to see how many people really love him!! today evan said "tate was sick, but now he is all better." he also was singing happy birthday to him?? don't know where that came from. we love you guys and are praying constantly for tate!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to tell you I've been praying for ya'll! What a brave little boy!!!

The Hope Family said...

We are so happy to hear that Tate is doing well!

Amy said...

I hope you are close to getting to go home, if not there already. Tate sound like such a trooper; I know you are proud of him! :)
We will pray he will be able to come off his meds soon and can continue to recover as well as he has.